Josh represents private and public sector labor unions in arbitrations regarding employee discipline and contract interpretation, contract negotiations, and federal court litigation. Josh actively advises and represents clergy, non-profit employees, and other professionals in negotiations for individual employment contracts, retirement agreements, and separation agreements.
Josh graduated from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board. He also received a master’s degree from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), with concentrations in Conflict Management and International Economics. He joined Peer, Gan & Gisler LLP as an associate in 2010.
Prior to joining Peer, Gan & Gisler LLP, Josh served as a law clerk in the public, private, and non-profit sectors, where he gained experience in employment discrimination, international trade, class action litigation, and international refugee legal matters.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2010
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, M.A., International Relations, 2010
- Rutgers University, B.A. with highest honors, Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies, 2005
State Bar Admissions
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- Law Clerk, The United States Department of Commerce, Office of Import Administration, 2010
- Summer Associate, Hausfeld LLP, 2009
- Law Clerk, Peer, Gan & Gisler LLP, 2008-2009
- Law Clerk, The United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices, 2008
- Legal Policy Intern, Asylum Access, 2007
Publications & Conferences
- Contributing Author (with Michael J. Gan), Women Rabbis and the Gender Pay Gap: Lessons from the CCAR’s 2012 Landmark Study and a Call to Action, The Sacred Calling: Four Decades of Women in the Rabbinate, CCAR Challenge and Change Series (2016)
- Presenter, Negotiating Clergy Contracts, American Conference of Cantors – Guild of Temple Musicians Conference, Fort Lauderdale, FL (June 2015)